At Grafik we are committed to integrating environmental best practice into all its business activities. We recognise the need to reduce the impact of our business activities on the environment and we will achieve this through a policy of continual improvement in environmental performance.
To achieve these goals we will:
- Adopt best practice and assist, where possible, in developing innovative solutions to the environmental issues and problems facing its sector.
- Conduct our activities with knowledge of and compliance with applicable legislation.
- Establish environmental objectives and targets and measure performance them.
- Assess the environmental impact of all past, current and likely future operations and fully integrate environmental considerations and objectives into our business decisions.
- Reduce our consumption of natural resources including energy, water and raw materials.
- Prevent pollution and minimise emissions.
- Reduce the production of waste and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures, as well as disposing of unavoidable waste in such a way as to minimise its environmental impact.
- Develop and implement integrated logistics policies and encourage the use of environmentally friendly means of transport by staff.
- Raise awareness amongst members of staff through appropriate education and training, encouraging them to become more environmentally responsible.
- Encourage awareness of, and commitment to, improved environmental performance amongst suppliers and customers.
- Work within local communities and others to take into account their environmental concerns and develop and pursue environmental initiatives.
- Communicate our policy to members of staff and consult with them to ensure that they take an active role in its implementation and review.
- Monitor and review our environmental performance and communicate it to staff and other stakeholders.
- Each employee is responsible for his/her adherence to the principles of this policy. The contents of this policy and the way in which it is being implemented will be reviewed annually.